9 Valuable Tips From Black Girls Rock 2017
Black Girls Rock!
We really do!
Last weekend I was invited to attend BLACK GIRLS ROCK! It was a phenomenal show and it was great to be among amazing Black women who are killing it in their perspective industry. Of course, I could not attend the show without sharing my experience and valuable tips I learned.
There are nine valuable tips I learned during my experience at Black Girls Rock.
- It is important that we go at our pace in all things we do, especially when we are on our self-exploration and career identity journey. It is important to go at a speed that feels right for us and matches our growth level.
- We are valuable because there is no one else like you. That alone makes us special, unique, beautiful and valuable.
- We should not define ourselves by the person we are not, instead praise and nurture the person we are. We are not that person for a reason. We do not have certain qualities for a reason, but the ones we do have are worth nurturing, being praised, and highlighted.
- We must take the time to get to know ourselves instead of becoming a replica of someone else. It is okay to be inspired by others but we must make sure we put our own twist on it.
- Our voices are meant to be heard regardless if someone agrees with our perspective or not.
- We are born to be confident and courageous and do not let anyone tell you otherwise. We should not let someone redefine our confidence as “bossy” or “acting too much”.
- Black women, we must thrive together so we can rise together. We must support, collaborate, and celebrate each other.
- Each of us have something to give that can help someone else. It does not have to be tangible, words of wisdom can be efficient.
- We should always be ourselves, cordial, and kind because we never know who we will encounter.
Watch the video below for additional information.
Until next time, live boldly